At Semiahmoo Dental Center, we have treated many anxious patients, and we have recommended an oral sedation to help with relaxation during any treatment we offer. Our primary focus is providing excellent dental care while making sure each patient is comfortable and relaxed.
Please talk to us if you are concerned with any dental fears, we want to make sure you continue to have regular dental check-ups to maintain excellent oral care.
Instructions for Pre-Sedation:
Food and Beverages
- It is essential that the stomach is empty at the time of the sedation appointment.
- Do not eat any solid foods within 6 hours of the sedation appointment.
- Do not drink any alcohol before treatment.
- It is essential to discuss with the dentist whether or not you should take medication(s) you otherwise take on a regular basis.
Clothing / Contact Lenses
- Wear loose, casual clothing for the appointment (e.g., short sleeve t-shirt). Female patients should wear pants.
- Refrain from smoking before treatment.
- Under no conditions can you drive yourself home. A responsible adult (excluding a taxi driver) must pick you up after the appointment and accompany you home.
- Public transportation is not recommended.
Change in Health Status
- If your general health deteriorates (e.g., cold, cough, fever, etc.), contact the office before the day of the appointment. If in doubt, please phone the office to discuss the change in health status.
Instructions for Post – Sedation
Following sedation, 24 hours may be required for the full effects of the drugs to wear off. During this period, it is essential that you follow these instructions:
Discharge from Office
- The patient must be discharged into the care of a responsible adult who can accompany them home.
- Arrangements should be made to have a responsible adult remain with the patient for the balance of the day and during the night.
Transportation from the Office
- Private automobile is preferred. Public transportation is not recommended.
- Resume usual medication as directed by a physician after an appointment.
- Do not operate motor vehicles, boats, power tools or machinery for 24 hours, or longer, if drowsiness or dizziness persists.
- Do not operate an aircraft for at least 48 hours following minimal or moderate sedation.
- Do not sign or enter into any legal contract for at least 24 hours.
- If you experience any acute pain, heavy bleeding from the surgical site, respiratory problems, or any other post-operative problem, please notify us.
Sedation Dentist White Rock – Contact Us for More Information About Sedation Dentistry
Our team of dental professionals are dedicated to making sure you are relaxed and as comfortable as possible so you can enjoy a lifetime of optimal dental health. Contact us at 604-536-6711 today.
Check out other dental services we offer.